Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back in Time

I am a lover of History and I have always wanted to time travel. Would'nt that be cool?, to just get into your DeLorean and check out Woodstock,  attend the coronation of Elizabeth I, or shoot a gun in the Old West and then return home and sleep comfortably in your own bed.

I had a chance to live this dream yesterday, minus the DeLorean

I took a little road trip to Round Top, Texas and attended the 4th of July Parade. Thousands of people lined the streets in Red, White and Blue waving flags, red faced little kids with excitement in their eyes, old tractors, antique fire engines, cowboys and cowgirls, a brass band playing "Old Dixie", a rock band playing "Sweet Home Alabama"......................In the words of my 7 year old "It was the best day EVER"

Here are some highlights : )
Round Top Town Square

Uncle Sam, Statue of Liberty and a Beauty Queen

Beauty Queens with the "Perfect Wave"

Love this guy!!

YEP!

Longhorn Steer in the parade.............yep that's how they roll!!

: )

A gold digger and his cannon!!

A hill with a view!

Parade stops so kids can pet the horse......love it!

One of several tractors

Round Top Landmark
After the parade we walked about 1/2 a mile to the Rifle Hall to get some BBQ, beer and relax, which is what everyone in town does! We were walking faster than the traffic was moving.
Just a little walk down the road.........

BBQ!!!

A little dinner music anyone?

I thought this was adorable!! A little ride for the kiddos
What a wonderful day!! We drove back home and went to beautiful downtown Beaumont and watched fireworks! It was the perfect parking spot, and the end to a near perfect day.
God Bless America!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming out Leslie!! This is a fantastic photo tour of a day well spent in our little Texas Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great hometown kinda 4th! just like it should be.

    Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck. your comment made me smile!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! What a fun, Small town kind of feel this must have had. I wish I lived near a place that had sometihng like that to take my kiddos to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious is that! GREAT post Leslie! Your a gifted writer too ;-)
    Brande
    http://victoryvintageb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete