Thursday, February 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday 1972


1972
Average Cost of new house $27,550.00
Average Income per year $11,800.00
Average Monthly Rent $165.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 55 cents  

I unearthed two JCPenney catalogs from my bookshelf, one from 1964 and this one from 1972

JCPenney Fall and Winter 1972
 
Last night I sat up in bed and had the best time looking at his catalog I just knew I had to share it with you today.

I was only 6 in 1972 (go ahead and add it up, I am 48) so I don't really remember too much about what people were wearing, but I did find these photos from my childhood. All from 1972, Check out how beautiful my mother was.......so glamorous!
From left to right. Aunt Kathy, Mom, ?? and Aunt Patty

Momma and her girls.....Im the one on the bottom.
All wearing Maxi dresses!!

First Day of School 1972
Oh Yes Mam!! That is a patent leather Barbie Lunchbox! My red shoes are so cool!

My sister was so cool, check out her mini-dress and that handbag!
 
 

So, now onto this awesome catalog!..............................Please note how fashionable my mother dressed us compared to this catalog. No wonder I love fashion so much........So On Trend! Thanks Mom!
This is the image on the inside of cover. Its Jamie Lee Curtis! Hey we all gotta start somewhere.
 
 
 Menswear. This is PRE-Annie Hall which was released in 1977.  I've always loved this look.
 
First thing I noticed about this picture was the HUGE tie, but also check out the high waist and the hair! WOW!

I would wear these today! Timeless Maxi Dress
 

Quilted Acetate Satin Fashions for the Hostess. Oh my, these are hideously wonderful.
 
 
 That White Hat! So cool!
 
 

Grand Ole Opry?
 
 

 Juniors
 
 
 

Bridesmaids dresses.....WOW!
 
I could've posted ALOT of pictures but I just took a few so not to overwhelm you! I hope you enjoyed this little trip back in time with me.......
 
Until Next Time,
 
Leslie


1 comment: