Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Black Friday has always been something I had a Love/Hate Relationship with while working in retail the last 25 years. I hated getting up at 2am to go to work, but I loved the excitement of the holiday season. I hated that all of my hard work was destroyed within 10 minutes of store opening, but I loved the fact that my hard work payed off. I hated having to be at work and not at home with the family, but I loved running into people at the mall that were in town for the holidays.

Whenever I was having a rough day, exhausted from getting up too early, I would take my break sitting my Santa's House in the mall, and watch all of the little kids, excited to see Santa, or terrified to see him, and it would make me feel like all of my hard work was somehow worthwhile.
Priceless
This morning I woke up at 7:30am and made coffee, added a little Baileys Irish Creme, surfed the internet, posted a few things on Twitter and Facebook,  and now I am sitting here in my new home, listening to the wind outside, my husband snoring from the bedroom.

Black Friday went on without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment