Friday, January 14, 2011

Another Fantastic Merchant Soiree!!

Sushi, Sake and Art!! These 3 words brought out a great crowd last night for Merchant Soiree's 4th Destination at Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar in Beaumont.
 The evening started with Channel 4 SETX Live broadcasting from our location for their daily hour long program. I participated in a interview LIVE on television, which is something I have never done before, I was terrified and have no memory of what I said.  I gave a plug to my Etsy shop and all in all, I think it went pretty well for my first time. I used to be terrified of speaking in front of people, it took me years to overcome that fear by just doing it! Forcing myself to talk and mess up and learn that its not so bad.
  
Sold!! during Soiree!! yay!!

I had alot of support from some great friends last night. My friend Thaddeus has come to every Soiree to hang out with me and spending time with him and catching up is now one of my favorite things about the Soiree. My beautiful friend Kim and her husband Mike stopped by and Mike was very interested in all of the hardware I used and has invited me to dig through his garage!! I hope he knows that I am serious about that!! I will put on my gloves and go all "American Picker" on that garage!! Kim and I along with some other friends will be traveling to New Orleans this weekend for a girls trip to see our BFF Bridget for her Birthday. That event alone with be another post.........

It was really great to see Meredith and Steven at the Soiree, along with Thaddeus,  we were interviewed for the Beaumont Enterprises new Cat 5 Fashion section that debuts in February. Meredith is a great customer and friend and I love her "eclectic" style. Thanks to April for making an appearance, she is one of my newest friends that I have made through the soiree. She is very supportive and I am happy to report that we may be doing something together very soon.............stay tuned
Cool Pic
My beautiful daughter Sydney came to see her mom at the Soiree, she brought along her friend Daryl. They look really cute together. Sydney is going back to school next week. I am so proud of the beautiful woman she has become.................
One of the highlights of the evening was an appearance from Michael Perryman. I should devote an entire post on him alone............Michael was my senior English teacher in Lumberton 25 years ago, we have stayed in touch over the years and I just love him. He is always smiling, optimistic and just plain awesome. He is loved my alot of people and is on many "best teacher ever" lists. He has requested I make him a "man pin" that I need to get to work on........don't want to disappoint Michael.................
So all in all, it was a great evening................Looking forward to the next one in February at the Art Studio!!

No comments:

Post a Comment