Monday, October 3, 2011

An Amazing Year

After learning that a dear high school friend was fighting for his life with cancer, I was hit in the face with the reality of just how short and precious each day of life is! You never know what is waiting for you just around the corner.

After thinking about it for years the lightbulb went off.......It was my Oprah moment! It was time! Retreauxgirl was born, ONE YEAR ago this month!!

So I did it! I started creating jewelry! I began putting together pieces that I loved. I like to use recycled chains, broken brooches, and other costume jewelry and things just started coming together. Inspired by things that I see in flea markets and junk yards. I took over our guest bedroom slowly, it is now a full blown workroom where i spend 9 hours a day.


>>>>>>>>>>>Fast forward one year and I am sitting in Rachel Ashwells Bed and Breakfast The Prairie having a delicious lunch with 34 other women bloggers. It seemed so sureal. Somebody pinch me!

OMG!!!!

Here is just a few of the one million pictures I took of The Prairie Luncheon!


Rachel telling us how she found herself buying The Prairie

Lisa Robison and Kim Turner filled us in on all of the wonderful things that Dwell With Dignity is doing to make a difference in the lives of families by providing a home environment that they can be proud of.

I just adore this little pillow

Rangers Lounge


This is stunning, just laying around on a shabby table






One of several delicate little chandeliers throughout the house
Bud Royer was there!

Just a little picture of me and Rachel! Oh YEAH!!
When I think back through the year and all of the time I spent in that one little room, working and creating and spending way too much time on the internet networking, I believe that it has all worked out beautifully! I have so many people that have entered my life because I made the decision to GO FOR IT!  That alone is worth it

I am amazed.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment