Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Oscar Race Is ON!!

Growing up I can remember sitting on the living room floor with a sheet of paper and keeping the "scores" from the awards shows. The Oscars, The Emmys, The Daytime Emmys, Ms America...............I loved the thrill of predicting the winner and being so excited when they won. As I got older I would dream of being one of the winners and running up on stage to accept my award, I would day "I would like to thank the Academy......yada, yada, yada"
Kate Winslet- LOVE her
Now i still love my awards shows, some more than others, and everyone in my house knows that on "Oscar Day" (which I call MY superbowl) I get the big TV, I will start watching the Pre-Game at 3pm and that no one is allowed to talk, or bother me.......or else. So I sit in my PJ's, and sometimes I even have a ballot printed from the internet and I make my predictions. I watch all of the stars arrive, I pick who looks best and who is hideous.
Best

Yikes!
 Usually more than half of the movies that are nominated are movies that I have never seen, or sometimes never even heard of. I usually pick my winners from who I like best, who is better looking, or who has a longer career and it's about time they won.
Jeff Bridges-Crazy Heart (I saw this movie!!)-Best Actor 2010
This year I am going to do things a little differently. I am going to do my research.

This year I would like to see all 10 of the Nominees for Picture of the Year- According to predictions from this weeks Entertainment Weekly (With James Franco *sigh* on the cover) it looks like I am going to look for theaters or Red Box with 10 of the following movies The Social Network, The King's Speech, Inception, The Fighter, Black Swan, True Grit, The Kids are Alright, Winters Bone, 127 Hours, Toy Story 3 (already seen it) Blue Valentine, The Town.
Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, Leonardo DiCaprio
I have heard of most of these movies and would love to see all of them. I don't like scary movies, or any gore. There is one scene in 127 hours that I will probably close my eyes for. Good thing I got some free movie passes for Christmas...............let the viewing begin


The official nominations will be Tuesday January 25th and I will be watching them live on E!

Stay tuned...........

.

No comments:

Post a Comment